Monday 7 May 2012

Hoot Hoot - It's a Wrap!

I few weeks ago I bought this dress from Ebay. 



I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do with it considering it was a size 8 and I doubt I could get a size 8 over my head these days! 


So after days of thinking and nights of surfing Pinterest, I decided to try a wrap-around dress. I didn't use a pattern and kind of just winged it. I drew around a size 2 dress of Isabels, and modified it a little to have a wrap around shape. 

I cut the front 2 sides almost identical, except one side was longer than the other. 

I made the lining by cutting out a rectangle big enough to cover the whole dress, then I sewed right sides together, trimmed then zigzagged the rest.  Turned it the right way and did a top stitch along the bottom to look like a hem. 

This is the end result!



Pretty cute huh?!? 

Next time I will draw up a real pattern, so I can measure it all up correctly. One arm hole is smaller than the other, and it doesn't fit Isabel. At all. It is about a size 0-1 if I had to guess. But all you can do is try right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment